Thank you for visiting the website of the North Dakota Public Service Commission. The Public Service Commission is a constitutional agency with varying degrees of statutory authority over abandoned mine lands, coal mine reclamation, electric and gas utilities, telecommunications companies, energy conversion facility siting, transmission facility siting, railroads, grain elevators, facility-based grain buyers, roving grain buyers, and hay buyers, auctioneers, auction clerks, weighing and measuring devices, pipeline safety, and underground damage prevention.
To learn more about how the PSC affects the lives of North Dakotans every day, click here: A Day in Your Life
Watch/Listen to the Commission Live
The Commission typically meets in formal session every two weeks; special meetings are held to handle special or emergency situations. Click on a link below to watch or listen to a LIVE meeting.
Looking for an agenda? A calendar of events and agendas can be found by scrolling to the bottom of this page.
Miss a Meeting?
- Listen to archived PSC Commission Meetings and Informal Hearings.
- Looking for minutes from a PSC Commission Meeting? Click here for archived meeting minutes.
- Audio and other materials relating to a formal hearing can be found by visiting Case Search.
- Environmental Engineer III - Open Until Filled
What's Going On...
Commissioner Julie Fedorchak, Chairman (center)
Commissioner Randy Christmann (left)
Commissioner Brian Kalk (right)
The PSC takes an active role in protecting consumers by ensuring utilities follow rules, including ones that relate to disconnection of service. Working with consumers to resolve disputes with utilities, and establishing fair rates and regulations. The PSC is constantly looking out for the interests of North Dakotans.
Latest News (To view archived news releases, please visit our Newsroom)
- 02/02/2016 PSC Approves More Than $2 Billion in Projects for 2015
- 01/28/2016 Public Hearing Scheduled in Watford City for Proposed Crude Oil Pipeline
- 01/26/2016 Public Hearings Scheduled in Watford City for Two Separate Proposed Pipelines
- 01/20/2016 PSC Approves Siting Permit for Dakota Access Pipeline Project
- 01/08/2016 Hearing Scheduled for Proposed Petroleum Products Pipeline in Cass County
- 01/05/2016 PSC Approves Siting Permit for Sacagawea Pipeline Project
- 12/29/2015 PSC Public Hearing Scheduled for Proposed Crude Oil Pipeline in Mountrail County
- 11/18/2015 PSC Receives High Marks on Federal Review of Coal Regulatory and Abandoned Mine Lands Program
- 11/04/2015 Public Service Commission Approves Natural Gas Rate Increase for MDU
- 10/20/2015 Additional Public Hearing Scheduled for Proposed Rolette Wind Project to Gather Information About Impact to Eagles
- 10/15/2015 PSC Public Hearing Scheduled for Proposed Crude Oil Pipeline in Williams County
- 10/14/2015 Statistics Show North Dakota Continues to be a Major Energy Exporter Throughout the Midwest
- 09/30/2015 PSC Presents Dakota Westmoreland Corporation with Award for Excellence in Surface Coal Mining and Reclamation
- 09/24/2015 Public Hearing Scheduled for Proposed Wind Project in Williams County
- 09/23/2015 PSC Public Hearing Scheduled for Oct. 7 in Watford City
- 09/17/2015 PSC Public Hearing Scheduled for Sept. 17 in Stanley
- 09/02/2015 Public Hearing Scheduled for Proposed Crude Oil Pipeline in McKenzie County
- 09/02/2015 Public Hearing Cancelled for Proposed Antelope Hills Wind Project Revisions
- 09/02/2015 Public Grain Storage Capacity Continues to Rise in North Dakota
Commission EventsConnection failed!\n
Download Adobe Reader to view or print PDF files.